About Nicholas Meyer, DDS, DNM
Dr. Nicholas (‘Nick’) Meyer has been practicing dentistry for over 4 decades. He is incredibly active in many aspects of the field of holistic dentistry. He is a world renowned lecturer, clinical researcher, and holds numerous leadership roles in leading healthcare organizations. Because of this knowledge and dedication, Dr. Meyer is sought out by people from around the world.
People choose Dr. Meyer for his care skill and judgment within his unique approach to holistic dental care. Dr. Meyer’s experience in advanced general dentistry (ie. dental implants and temporomandibular disorders) along with his extraordinary knowledge of services found in complimentary medicine (ie. homeopathy, energetic and physical medicine) allow him and his team to deliver a quality level of care that is unmatched in the field of holistic dentistry.
Philosophically, Dr. Meyer believes in a holistic dental approach; allowing individuals to rise to the level of health they seek. Long ago he found that not all people are ready to explore the advantages of modern holistic dentistry. There are those who know what they want, those that don’t, and those somewhere in-between. Dr. Meyer can help at whatever level you aspire to. A cornerstone of Dr. Meyer’s holistic dental practice is his belief in form following function and the biologic impact materials have on the human body. These two areas, above all others, are why many people seek his expertise in dentistry.
Dr. Meyer developed an interest in his field of practice during the years he went through orthodontic treatment. He used to visit his uncle, Dr. Jerry Meyer, and became intrigued and marveled at the intricacy of the workings of a dentist.
The rewards Dr. Meyer receives from his practice can be revealed in the smile on his patient’s face when they have finally been relieved of years of chronic pain or when, through restoration, they get the smile they always dreamed of, or when a patient regains quality of life through sleep apnea therapy. These non-tangible rewards are the most valuable to Dr. Meyer.
Dr. Meyer hopes to leave an impression of competence and confidence that Millennium Dental Associates can help them with their condition or problem. He hopes to achieve a high level of well being in as short a time as possible and to restore you to a state of three dimension balance, be free of infection and with the safest materials possible for your long term health.
Dr. Meyer is married and has two daughters, 2 grand daughters and a grandson. Prior to moving to Scottsdale/Phoenix he practiced in South Central Illinois. The family loves the Southwest and is very pleased with the decision to relocate. The practice has grown over the years from serving a relatively small geographic area to one with an international flavor.
Below are some of Dr. Meyer’s experience and qualifications:
- A. Lewis University, 1975
- D.S. Loyola University Chicago College of Dental Surgery, 1979
- N.M. (Doctor of Natural Medicine) World Organization of Natural Medical Practitioners, 2008
- Chevalier; Sovereign Medical Order of the Knights Hospitaller of St. John of Jerusalem, 2008
- Past-President: Ameridontics – The Centers for Laser Periodontal Surgery
- Diplomat: American Academy of Pain Management
- Master: International College of Craniomandibular Orthopedics
- Fellow: International Congress of Oral Implantologists
- Fellow: American Academy of Ozone Therapy
- President of the International Academy of Biological Dentistry and Medicine
- Past President: International Academy of Biological Dentistry & Medicine
- Co-founder of the Arizona Holistic Dental Association
- TMJ Consultant
- Board of Directors: Arizona Homeopathic & Integrative Medical Association
- Former Board Member of the AZ Homeopathic and Integrative Medical Association