What Too Little (Or Too Much) Water Does to Your Brain
Smiechowski, J. (n.d.). What Too Little (or Too Much Water) Does to Your Brain. Easy Health Options. https://easyhealthoptions.com/how-hydration-affects-your-brain/
Changes in your cognitive abilities can start subtly…Maybe you forget names and words more often. Doctor’s appointments and lunch dates slip your mind. You lose your train of thought in conversations. As this stuff happens more regularly, you may become concerned. But before you start thinking worst-case scenarios, there’s something you should do…Check your hydration levels. This article discusses the symptoms of dehydration and tips you can use to stay properly hydrated.
To continue reading, follow the link above.
- Hydration may affect cognitive function in some older adults— MedicalXpress
- Cognitive performance in relation to hydration status and water intake among older adults, NHANES 2011–2014— European Journal of Nutrition
- Mild cognitive impairment (MCI)— Mayo Clinic
- Hydration myths may be putting older people’s health at risk— MedicalXpress
- Chugging Water All the Time? How to Avoid Overhydration— Healthline